- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds pork spareribs
- JALAPENO BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub onto both sides of ribs. Place ribs, meat side up, on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.
- Grill ribs, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until browned, basting with sauce and turning several times. Reheat remaining sauce and serve with ribs. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Jalapeno Ribs
"Amazing ribs! Like others, I doubled the sauce. Definitely a recipe I will use over and over and over!"
"Cooked the ribs and sauce exactly as recipe suggests this morning. Put the ribs in tinfoil with a generous amount of the sauce all over the ribs, and refrigerated to grill this afternoon. The flavors so far are great. Can't wait to grill them up. Next time I might add a little liquid smoke to the sauce just for the smokey flavor."
"YUM!!! These ribs turned out amazing. I found my smoker through these electric smoker reviews http://www.bestsmokersforsale.com/best-electric-smoker-reviews-2015-top-5-electric-smokers/"