Jalapeno Quail Appetizers Recipe
"My husband quail-hunts every season, and this recipe has become our favorite way to serve the birds. The bacon keeps the meat from drying out, and the jalapeno lends a little zip," shares Diana Johnston of Kingston, Oklahoma, "I sometimes serve these cute bundles as a main dish."
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 12 boneless quail breasts (about 1 pound)
- 12 bacon strips
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- Cut each jalapeno half into three long strips. Place a strip widthwise in the center of each quail breast; roll up from a short side. Wrap each with a bacon strip and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add salad dressing; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill appetizers, covered, over indirect medium heat for 16-20 minutes or until quail juices run clear and bacon is crisp, turning occasionally. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Jalapeno Quail Appetizers in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p62
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Jalapeno Quail Appetizers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grilled Appetizers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >