Jalapeno Potato Salad Recipe
Field editor Sarah Woodruff of Watertown, South Dakota puts a zippy spin on potato salad. It's perfect for a picnic!
- 6 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large serving bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, eggs, onion and jalapenos.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, hot pepper sauce, cumin and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 5 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC