Jalapeno Potato Salad
Field editor Sarah Woodruff of Watertown, South Dakota puts a zippy spin on potato salad. It's perfect for a picnic!
5 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 6 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until
- tender. Drain; cool to room temperature.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, eggs, onion
- and jalapenos.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, hot pepper sauce,
- cumin and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 5 servings.