Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 2 jars (11-1/2 ounces each) jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared Russian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1. Select 12-16 large jalapenos from jars; pat dry with paper towels (refrigerate any remaining jalapenos for another use). Remove stems from jalapenos; cut a lengthwise slit on one side. Discard seeds. In a small bowl, combine the cheeses, parsley, garlic salt and paprika. Pipe or stuff into each pepper.
- 2. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, lightly beat the eggs. In a separate bowl, combine cornflakes and bread crumbs. Roll jalapenos in flour, dip in eggs, then roll in crumbs. Dip again in eggs, then roll in crumbs to completely coat.
- 3. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Fry peppers, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with warm peppers. Yield: 12-16 appetizers.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Jalapeno Poppers
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.