- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Sweet red and yellow pepper pieces and corn chips
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until blended; spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; top with bread crumbs. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with peppers and chips. Yield: 16 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Jalapeno Popper Spread
"This is so good BUT also so high in fat calories. I only take it to large gatherings where no one person is likely to get an overdose of fat for the day. There was absolutely no grease. Maybe you choice of cheese brand??? I did use pepper jack monterey jack cheese. Otherwise as written."
"Made as directed and came home with an empty dish and requests for recipe. A keeper for sure and what's more easy to prepare. There was no grease. Wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for this great appetizer!"
"Made as directed, and it was a huge hit. I'm not sure what the purpose of the mayo was?"
"Made this exactly as directed and was very good but had a lot of grease in pie plate. Can't determine where it came from. Not sure I would make this again because of this. Any suggestions?"
"I would leave off the bread crumbs. Double the chili and jalape?o. Maybe add some bacon or shrimp A bit bland for my Arizona taste."