I've been told by fellow party-goers that this recipe tastes exactly like a jalapeno popper. I like that it can be made without much fuss. —Ariane McAlpine, Penticton, British Columbia
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Sweet red and yellow pepper pieces and corn chips
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until blended; spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; top with bread crumbs. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with peppers and chips. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Jalapeno Popper Spread in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Jalapeno Popper Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review