If you like a little spice in your food, these big stuffed burgers are for you. Just have plenty of frosty cold drinks on hand to serve with them. —Kris Swihart, Perrysburg, Ohio
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, drained, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, onion, 1/4 cup jalapenos, lime juice and garlic; set aside.
- Shape beef into eight patties. In another bowl, combine the cheeses and remaining jalapenos. Spoon onto the center of four patties. Top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal; sprinkle burgers with steak seasoning.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on rolls with lettuce leaves and avocado mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Jalapeno Popper Mega Burgers in Country Woman June/July 2011, p38
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Jalapeno Popper Mega Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review