Jalapeno Popper Dip
Here's a fantastic way to deliver all that blazing jalapeno popper taste without the work. Whenever I bring it to a party, I'm always get asked for the recipe. Serve with corn chips, tortilla chips or butter crackers.Jennifer Wilke, Collinsville, Illinois
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Corn chips, tortilla chips or assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar, chilies,
- peppers and 1/4 cup Parmesan until blended. Spoon into an ungreased
- 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, oil and remaining
- Parmesan. Sprinkle over cheese mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 20-25 min. or until golden brown. Serve with chips or crackers.
- Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips and crackers) equals 245 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon