- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Corn chips, tortilla chips or assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar, chilies, peppers and 1/4 cup Parmesan until blended. Spoon into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, oil and remaining Parmesan. Sprinkle over cheese mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 min. or until golden brown. Serve with chips or crackers. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Jalapeno Popper Dip
"I took this to a backyard get together, served it warm and everyone wanted to just keep eating this dish - almost forgot about the burgers. The ONLY change I made was to us Panko bread crumbs instead of regular seasoned bread crumbs, and I very lightly sprinkled chili powder over the top of the bread crumbs before baking - made for a pretty presentation. KEEPER."
"Creamy and delicious! Leftovers were good as well."
"I did as directed, however, when it came out of the oven and cooled I added 1 cup sour cream and mixed well. Refrigerated a day and it was fantastic."
"Fantastic!! I didn't have canned jalapenos, so I used four jalapenos that I seeded and chopped very fine. Made it for a potluck and everyone raved about it!!"
"So good. Had it at a friend's house. Made this for a work pitch-in and it was loved by all. Only thing I might change is adding more jalapeno's only because I like a little more heat. Super tasty"
"A friend made this for a work party. I revamped the recipe a little. Got rid of the bread crumbs and parm cheese because they made the top a little crusty and the chips would break when you went in for a dip. doubled the jalapeno (make it a little more spicy) and added about 6 slices of crumbled bacon. there is never any dip left. Adding this to my review months later. I forgot one time to add the mayo and it was just as good. So now I use 1/2 the mayo."
"The family loved it!!! I will add crispy bacon next time :)"
"Nice dip, everyone liked it! It was milder than I thought it would be, so I'll add more jalape?os and a pinch of salt next time. Good party buffet recipe!"
"Outstanding! Delicious! A favorite at my job....so easy to put together and put in refrigerator the night before and simply put in oven just before you are ready to eat....Great find!"
"We had this at a family reunion this weekend, it disappeared quickly! Very good!"