Jalapeno Popper Corn Cupcakes Recipe
Cream cheese frosting may seem like an unlikely partner for a jalapeno and cornmeal cupcake, but we guarantee the treats are sure to please! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced jalapeno peppers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in corn and jalapeno.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. Place bread crumbs on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 2-3 minutes or until toasted. Cool. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with toasted bread crumbs and jalapeno slices. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 380 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Jalapeno Popper Corn Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC