- 3 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 3/4 cup guacamole
- Brush jalapenos with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. When cool enough to handle, finely chop. In a small bowl, combine the bacon, cream cheese and jalapeno until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, salt, lemon pepper, pepper and paprika. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight thin patties. Spoon bacon mixture onto center of four patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with pepper Jack cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until pepper Jack cheese is melted.
- Grill buns, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato and guacamole. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Jalapeno Popper Burgers
"This had great taste and I enjoyed every ingredient that went into it. Next time I will use a more sturdy bun. The bottom of the bun I used was very thin and did not hold up the ingredients.Ended up eating the burger with a fork."
"This sounds great! Since we have poppers quite often, I'm just going to top our burgers with the poppers after they're made, and add guacamole."
"I liked the combination of all the ingredients. Just be mindful when making the beef patties or they can become too big of a burger!"
"Made with ground turkey and homemade guacamole. Hands down best burger we've ever had."
"Awesome burger, even my hubby who doesn't like avocados thought it was a keeper. It was a little putzy but well worth the time! Like other review comments, don't skip the guacamole!"