Jalapeno Pepper Jelly Recipe
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 8 to 10 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- Cream cheese and assorted crackers
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, apples, vinegar, green pepper, jalapenos and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Strain mixture and return to pan. Stir in food coloring. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 2. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into five hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Serve with cream cheese on crackers. Yield: About 5 half-pints.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 94 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
"The Jalapeno Cherry Preserves sound like they'd make an EXCELLENT addition to this dressing, as long as you didn't use anything but fruit with your lettuce choices. (No tomatoes, for example) I think I could probably be tempted to eat DOG POOP if it was drizzled with jalapeno cherry dressing ! YUM !"
"Great Recipe! Thanks for sharing it. I bought a Jalapeno Cherry Preserves from www.blueridgejams.com a few months ago. It was like this but had sour cherries in them. Is it a lot different to make it with fruit?"
"Something to try using the jalapeno pepper jelly.....Jalapeno Pepper Vinaigrette salad dressing. For the life of me, I can't remember where I snagged this recipe but made it yesterday for the first time and DH said it was a winner.....Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
adapted from John Besh’s My New Orleans makes 1 cup 1/4 cup pepper jelly, microwaved at 10 second intervals until melted
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or your favorite
1/2 cup canola oil or your favorite (mild) 1/4 teaspoon salt Add all ingredients to a jar and shake to combine. "