My family relishes this jelly served with meat or spread on crackers with cream cheese. It's in hot demand as a gift.
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 8 to 10 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- Cream cheese and assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, apples, vinegar, green pepper, jalapenos and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Strain mixture and return to pan. Stir in food coloring. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into five hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Serve with cream cheese on crackers. Yield: About 5 half-pints.
Originally published as Jalapeno Pepper Jelly in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p23
Reviews for Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review