- 5 cups sugar
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 8 to 10 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese and assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, apples, vinegar, green pepper, jalapenos and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Strain mixture and return to pan. Stir in food coloring. Return to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in pectin; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Pour hot liquid into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Serve with cream cheese on crackers. Yield: About 5 half-pints.
Originally published as Jalapeno Pepper Jelly in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p23
Reviews for Jalapeno Pepper Jelly(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review