- 5 cups sugar
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 8 to 10 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- Cream cheese and assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, apples, vinegar, green pepper, jalapenos and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Strain mixture and return to pan. Stir in food coloring. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into five hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Serve with cream cheese on crackers. Yield: About 5 half-pints.
Reviews for Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
Sort By :
Something to try using the jalapeno pepper jelly.....Jalapeno Pepper Vinaigrette salad dressing. For the life of me, I can't remember where I snagged this recipe but made it yesterday for the first time and DH said it was a winner.....
Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
adapted from John Besh’s My New Orleans
makes 1 cup
1/4 cup pepper jelly, microwaved at 10 second intervals until melted
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or your favorite
1/2 cup canola oil or your favorite (mild)
1/4 teaspoon salt
Add all ingredients to a jar and shake to combine.