Jalapeno Pepper Appetizers
These appetizers are so easy to make and they taste so good. I have to warn you that eating them is habit-forming!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 medium fresh jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 bacon strips, halved
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds, stems and center
- membrane. Stuff each half with about 2 teaspoons of cream cheese.
- Wrap with bacon and secure with toothpick.
- Place on a broiler rack that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Remove
- toothpicks. Serve immediately. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 283 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now