Jalapeno-Pear Chutney Recipe
With tongue-tingling peppers, pears, tomatoes and more, this versatile chutney is a mouthful of flavor. Serve it alongside your favorite meat entree...as a sandwich spread...over cream cheese for an appetizer...or even with chips as a salsa-style dip.Deb Thomson, Grand Island, Nebraska
- 2 pounds pears, peeled and chopped
- 2 pounds tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup finely chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 to 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45-60 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 5 half-pints.
Originally published as Jalapeno-Pear Chutney in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p61
Reviews for Jalapeno-Pear Chutney(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review