- 4 to 8 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped or 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2/3 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 to 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small bowl, combine the peppers, 1/3 cup lemon juice, parsley, garlic, rosemary and thyme. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the chicken breasts; gently stuff pepper mixture under the skin of each chicken breast.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the broth, pepper, lemon peel and remaining lemon juice; pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken skin side up on grill. Place chicken skin side up on grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-14 minutes. Turn and grill 12-14 minutes longer until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Jalapeno Grilled Chicken
"I used half lime juice, and since I?m the only heat lover, I split the mixture so that one bowl had jalapenos and one didn?t. I marked the ?hot? ones with toothpicks so I could keep track of them."
"Flavor was good but the chicken itself was dry."