In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Kathleen Smith relies on a spicy meal to shake up weekday menus. Her easy jalapeno sauce perfectly complements savory pork. “For something different, serve the medallions with Asian rice noodles,” she suggests.
Featured In: 30 Pork Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Combine the garlic powder, pepper flakes and cumin; sprinkle over pork. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork on both sides in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the jalapeno jelly, orange juice, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Return pork to the pan; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until pork juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Jalapeno-Glazed Pork Medallions in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p27
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Jalapeno-Glazed Pork Medallions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2013
"This is delicious! Has a great zip to it! We used a bit extra jelly, juice, sauce, & mustard. Definitely a keeper!~ Theresa"