Jalapeno Cranberry Jelly Recipe
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 7 cups sugar
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- 10 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1. Place cranberry juice and jalapenos in a blender; cover and process until peppers are fully chopped. Strain through a double thickness of cheesecloth.
- 2. Pour the strained juice into a Dutch oven; add vinegar. Stir in sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 3. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Add food coloring if desired. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 8 half-pints.
2 tablespoon: 91 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (23g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Jalapeno Cranberry Jelly
"I added a few slices of fresh jalape?o to the jars before processing....very pretty and festive! I've been canning for years and this is a fool proof and tasty recipe! Friends and family love the gift baskets I put together with these ruby gems....a small block of cream cheese, a sealed stack of crackers and a split of bubbly. Yum!"
"My girlfriend made this and it is delicious. Now it's my turn to make it."
"I like it just the way it was going to try it"
"I have made four batches of this recipe and it is outstanding. I used cranberry rasperry juice in two of them and substituted habenero peppers instead. My next batch will be cranberry blackberry using habaneros and then cranberry pomegranate. yum yum!"
"Forgot to tell you, instead of 3 cups juice, use 2 cups and 1 cup of canned or frozen whole cranberries. Gives it a little more texture and can be used to based your ham or turkey too."
"Instead of the green Jalapeno Peppers, use any kind of RED hot peppers and leave some of the seeds with them. Big difference, and you can use a 1/2 to 1 cup as you like it. Also, you don't have to use any kind of food coloring since the red peppers wont clash with the red cranberry. ( better for you that way, all natural) I just made 51 (16oz) jars at different heat stages (mild hot to slap your moma hot) and still have demand for more. Great stocking stuffer."
"I can a lot and thought this recipe sounded excellent along with the fact it was a contest winner. I was surprised to find it didn't have quite enough of the jalapeño flavor. Could be me, but I was expecting a bite to it. Still very good though..."
"This is a very tasty jelly. I have used it served with cream cheese and crackers and also on chiken as a glaze. Gave all my girlfriends a jar for Christmas."