- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add corn, salt and pepper; cook and stir until corn is golden brown. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir until onion is tender. Add green onions, fresh jalapeno and garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine crab, pepper jack cheese, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, pickled jalapenos, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce; stir in corn and onion mixture. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Serve with chips. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
Originally published as Jalapeno Crab Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Jalapeno Crab Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review