Jalapeno Cornmeal Muffins Recipe
My husband and I love anything spicy hot, but these zippy jalapeno-studded muffins also add color to our holiday table. Serve them with chili to warm up your caroling party!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup cornmeal, divided
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1. Grease 12 muffin cups and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cornmeal; set aside. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cayenne and remaining cornmeal. Combine the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in jalapenos.
- 2. Fill prepared muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 152 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC