- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup cornmeal, divided
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- Grease 12 muffin cups and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cornmeal; set aside. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cayenne and remaining cornmeal. Combine the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in jalapenos.
- Fill prepared muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Jalapeno Cornmeal Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p19
Reviews for Jalapeno Cornmeal Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review