Lots of sweet cornmeal flavor and texture in these confetti-colored muffins make them a great accompaniment to all kinds of casual summer fare. The recipe comes from Judie White of Florien, Louisiana.
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, butter and cilantro; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in the corn, red pepper and jalapenos.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 425° for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins.
Originally published as Jalapeno Corn Muffins in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p25
Reviews for Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review