Jalapeno Chicken Wraps
These easy appetizers are always a hit at parties! Zesty strips of chicken and bits of onion sit in jalapeno halves that are wrapped in bacon and grilled. Serve them with blue cheese or ranch salad dressing for dipping.
Tinley Park, Illinois
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- 15 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 pound sliced bacon, halved widthwise
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- Cut chicken into 2-in. x 1-1/2-in. strips. In a large resealable
- plastic bag, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, pepper,
- seasoned salt and paprika; add chicken and shake to coat. Place a
- chicken and onion strip in each jalapeno half. Wrap each with a
- piece of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Grill, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 18-20 minutes or
- until chicken is no longer pink and bacon is crisp, turning once.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 101 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.