These easy appetizers are always a hit at parties! Zesty strips of chicken and bits of onion sit in jalapeno halves that are wrapped in bacon and grilled. Serve them with blue cheese or ranch salad dressing for dipping. —Leslie Buenz Tinley Park, Illinois
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- 15 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 pound sliced bacon, halved widthwise
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- Cut chicken into 2-in. x 1-1/2-in. strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, seasoned salt and paprika; add chicken and shake to coat. Place a chicken and onion strip in each jalapeno half. Wrap each with a piece of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Grill, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 18-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and bacon is crisp, turning once. Serve with blue cheese dressing. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Jalapeno Chicken Wraps in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p27
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Jalapeno Chicken Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review