Jalapeno Chicken Wraps Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- 15 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 pound sliced bacon, halved widthwise
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- Cut chicken into 2-in. x 1-1/2-in. strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, seasoned salt and paprika; add chicken and shake to coat. Place a chicken and onion strip in each jalapeno half. Wrap each with a piece of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Grill, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 18-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and bacon is crisp, turning once. Serve with blue cheese dressing. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Jalapeno Chicken Wraps
Sort By :
Love these more than the ones filled with cream cheese, will make them often!
We have been making these for several years, we love them. We sometimes make them just for the 2 of us & enjoy the leftovers. We have also served them when friends come over & they are a big hit.
My husband loves these so much that he makes them to take to work and share with "the guys." He even makes a half dozen using habaneros. Hot and Tasty!
We have loved this recipe for years! I have taken to baking them in the oven for 30 minutes at 375 then grilling on medium for about 10 minutes more (to get the grilled flavor) because I was having massive grill flare-ups and burning them. I also use metal skewers instead of toothpicks - 3 or 4 to a skewer makes them easier to turn and handle.
Great recipe - got rave reviews! Had to grill them awhile longer, but it was worth the wait!