Jalapeno Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 2 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced into rings
- 1. Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; spread with tomato mixture. Top with chicken, cheese and jalapenos.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 pieces.
2 pieces equals 262 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 613 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.