Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce, divided
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 20 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, jalapenos, onion salt and pepper. Stir in chicken and 2 cups cheese.
- 2. Spread about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dishes. Top with remaining tomato sauce; sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake one casserole at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Cover and freeze remaining casserole for up to 1 month.
- 4. To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake, covered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
1 serving (2 each) equals 751 calories, 38 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 152 mg cholesterol, 1,405 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.