Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce, divided
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 20 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, jalapenos, onion salt and pepper. Stir in chicken and 2 cups cheese.
- Spread about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dishes. Top with remaining tomato sauce; sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake one casserole at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Cover and freeze remaining casserole for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake, covered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas
Sort By :
This was the first recipe I tried form the TOH freezer cookbook. DELISH! I made a single batch and didn't have sour cream so I used 2 cups of Mayo instead. Definitely a new family favorite and will double it next time and freeze.
I used green chilis and sweet red pepper in place of thejalapenos.
I also used diced onion.
These are yummy. It also freezes well.
Very creamy and good! I made these for my husbands birthday and instead of freezing a batch, I made both and it was more than enough for a crowd! I didn't put the jalapenos in because my kids won't eat them, but it does need something. I will try the salsa verde that the other poster mentioned next time.
This is so great! We have made it several times since it was first published. Sometimes, when I'm in a hurry, I use salsa verde (the green kind) instead of the jalapenos. WONDERFUL!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Chicken Freezer Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >