Jalapeno Cheese Spread
“I keep the ingredients for this wonderful cheese spread on hand so that I can assemble it any time,” notes Patricia Kitts of Dickinson, Texas. “The combination with jalapenos, cream cheese and pecans is always a hit at parties.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons canned jalapeno slices, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Bagel chips or assorted crackers
- Place block of cream cheese on a serving plate; sprinkle with
- jalapenos and pecans. Serve with bagel chips or crackers. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons dip (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese; calculated without chips or crackers) equals 91 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.