Jalapeno Cheese Dip
Here's a great dip that cooks in the microwave in a matter of minutes. It's perfect to serve to unexpected company.—Grace Reno, Wrightwood, California
18-19 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine cheese and milk. Cover and
- cook on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Cook 30-90 seconds longer or
- until cheese is melted; stir until smooth. Stir in jalapenos. Serve
- warm. Yield: about 2-1/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 90 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.