Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
These tender biscuits with a cheesy richness have a nice level of heat that will appeal to all ages. —Florence McNulty, Montebello, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:15 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons diced pickled jalapeno slices
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, thyme and paprika. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk, cheese and jalapeno.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 15 biscuits.
1 biscuit equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC