These tender biscuits with a cheesy richness have a nice level of heat that will appeal to all ages. —Florence McNulty, Montebello, California
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons diced pickled jalapeno slices
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, thyme and paprika. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk, cheese and jalapeno.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 15 biscuits.
Originally published as Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p31
Reviews for Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review