- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons diced pickled jalapeno slices
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, thyme and paprika. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk, cheese and jalapeno.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 15 biscuits.
Reviews for Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits(4)
Sort By :
Just made these on a whim because I have fresh jalepenos in my garden that my husband always plants, but we never know what to do with until fall/chili season. What a tasty recipe! Easy to make and they smell great while baking as well.
Really good. I didn't roll them out I just dropped spoonfuls on a cookie sheet and they cooked up just fine. Really good flavor.
These were really good!!! Had rave reviews!!!
My husband likes extra spicy so we kicked up the jalapenos in these!
Easy and yummy!