On a whim, we mixed homemade jalapeno jam into ground beef patties, then topped the burgers with caramelized onions and tangy Gorgonzola cheese. Fabulous! —Becky Mollenkamp, St. Louis, Missouri
Featured In: 34 Incredible Burgers to Grill This Summer
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Dash salt
- Dash sugar
- 1/3 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Thinly sliced jalapeno pepper, optional
- In a small skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add onion, salt and sugar; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until onion is softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 4-6 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, mix jelly, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in. thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with caramelized onion, cheese and, if desired, sliced jalapeno. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Jalapeno Burgers with Gorgonzola in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Jalapeno Burgers with Gorgonzola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2016
"I added some Taza Ketchup (http://www.greenprophet.com/2013/03/camel-burgers-moroccan-recipe/) to this burger, and it was good"