Jalapeno Bread Recipe
"Grilled cheese sandwiches are especially good made with moist slices from this pretty corn-flecked loaf," promises Lola Gangwer of Burgoon, Ohio. "For a milder chili taste, use green chilies in place of the jalapenos."
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos or green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1 pound).
Reviews for Jalapeno Bread
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2011
"This is excellent - one of our sons tried it and stole the recipe! - Had to get on your website to print another copy!!!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC