Jalapeno Bread & Butter Pickles Recipe
- 4 pounds cucumbers, sliced
- 5 small onions, sliced
- 4 jalapeno peppers, sliced and seeded
- 1/2 cup canning salt
- 5 cups sugar
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large container, combine the cucumbers, onions, jalapenos and salt. Cover with crushed ice and mix well. Let stand for 3 hours. Drain; rinse and drain again.
- In a Dutch oven, combine the sugar, vinegar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add cucumber mixture; return to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 7 pints.
Reviews for Jalapeno Bread & Butter Pickles(6)
Sort By :
Looks great but I really don't want to can them. Is there any way to make these & refrigerate them? Even a smaller batch?
Easy to follow and great taste. These pickles didn't last a week! I tripled the jalapenos and added little red Thai peppers. Yummy.
I haven't made them yet, but there is a mistake in the instructions. It does not tell you to slice the jalapenos, only seed them. In the picture it shows that they are sliced.
When I am make this again I will be sure to rinse it better because it was so salty!! I know that was my fault for not rinsing the cucumbers better.
Very easy! Great taste!