Jalapeno Bean Dip Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Stir in the tomato sauce, beans and jalapeno peppers. Bring to a boil. Add salt and cayenne. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3. To serve, spoon beef mixture over chips; sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 407 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Jalapeno Bean Dip
"I made this vegetarian by using Morningstar Farms veggie crumbles instead of the beef. I served it with chili Cheese Fritos. It was really good but I wouldn't call it a dip. I will serve it as the main entr?e next time."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.