Jalapeno Bean Dip
This is one of my family's favorite recipes for cold winter nights. We also make it on camping trips.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, beans and jalapeno peppers. Bring to a
- boil. Add salt and cayenne. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20
- To serve, spoon beef mixture over chips; sprinkle with cheese.
- Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 407 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 559 mg sodium,