Jalapeno Bean Dip Recipe
This is the snack my family usually requests. We especially like to make this zippy dip on camping trips. —Lorene Goodwin, Belle Fourche, South Dakota
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Stir in the tomato sauce, beans and jalapeno peppers. Bring to a boil. Add salt and cayenne. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3. To serve, spoon beef mixture over chips; sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 407 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Jalapeno Bean Dip
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC