Jalapeno Avocado Salad
This salad's tangy dressing will have everyone asking for seconds. Guests like it because it's different, and I enjoy it because I can add whatever vegetables I have.Jennifer Villarreal, Texas City, Texas
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- In a large bowl, combine the avocados, tomatoes, onion, jalapenos and
- lime juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup juice.
- Stir sugar into reserved juice; add to avocado mixture. Place greens
- in a salad bowl; add avocado mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 93 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.