Jalapeno Appetizer Pancakes
Jalapeno peppers and mozzarella cheese give a tasty twist to these bite-size pancakes made from a mix. "My grandchildren love them as a side dish or appetizer with ranch dressing for dipping," says Lorraine Watson from Malta, Montana.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- Ranch salad dressing or salsa
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and water. Stir in cheese and
- peppers. Pour batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a greased hot
- griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side
- is golden brown. Serve warm with dressing or salsa.
- Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 144 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 405 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.