—Essen Haus, Bob and Gail Worm, Madison, Wisconsin
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine, optional
- 1-1/2 cups prepared brown gravy
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Trim tenderloin, removing any visible fat. Cut in half lengthwise. Pound each half to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip into egg; coat with flour and shake off excess. In a skillet over medium heat, fry tenderloin in butter until no pink remains. Remove and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and onion to skillet; cook until tender. Add wine if desired. Stir in the gravy and sour cream; mix well and heat through, but do not boil. Serve with the tenderloin. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Jaeger Schnitzel in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Jaeger Schnitzel
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review