- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine, optional
- 1-1/2 cups prepared brown gravy
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Trim tenderloin, removing any visible fat. Cut in half lengthwise. Pound each half to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip into egg; coat with flour and shake off excess. In a skillet over medium heat, fry tenderloin in butter until no pink remains. Remove and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and onion to skillet; cook until tender. Add wine if desired. Stir in the gravy and sour cream; mix well and heat through, but do not boil. Serve with the tenderloin. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Jaeger Schnitzel
"Super good. I breaded my pork chops with prepared flour/bread mix. Everything else I followed. We bought some regular white wine. This was so good. All the kids ate it and I was afraid they we not because of the mushrooms. Nope they enjoyed it and asked for seconds. Really good recipe and super easy!"
"My husband lived in Germany for several years. He has a difficult time finding good German Restaurants where we live. I made this for him and my children and he couldn't stop raving about it. My children also loved it. It is quick and easy for this working mom."
"My family loves this recipe. I make it every year for christmas dinner. Great with spaetzle."