Jack's Stuffed Mushrooms
From his Harlingen, Texas home, Jack D. Hunter II shares this zesty snack. "Since my son loves stuffed mushrooms, we came up with this wild-game appetizer," Jack writes. "We enjoy it before the big meal is served."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 3 to 4 whole dove or quail, cooked and deboned
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 serano or jalapeno pepper, seeded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. (Discard stems or save
- for another use.)
- In a food processor, combine the dove, cheese, serrano, salt and
- pepper. Cover and pulse until finely chopped. Stuff mushroom caps
- with meat mixture. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 1 dozen.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.