Jack-o'-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pie Recipe
This sloppy joe pie is so much fun to do and kids love it! You'll never have to worry about leftovers. It's even good for adult parties, but you might want to increase the heat level with a hotter salsa or seasonings. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg
- Orange paste food coloring
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salsa and chili sauce until blended; stir into skillet. Add the corn, chilies and brown sugar.
- 2. Transfer to a deep-dish 9-in. pie plate. Unroll pastry; place over filling. With a sharp knife, cut out a face to resemble a jack-o'-lantern; flute edges. Beat egg and food coloring; brush over pastry.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 9-11 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 428 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Jack-o'-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC