Jack-o'-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg
- Orange paste food coloring
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salsa and chili sauce until blended; stir into skillet. Add the corn, chilies and brown sugar.
- Transfer to a deep-dish 9-in. pie plate. Unroll pastry; place over filling. With a sharp knife, cut out a face to resemble a jack-o'-lantern; flute edges. Beat egg and food coloring; brush over pastry.
- Bake at 450° for 9-11 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Jack-o'-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pie(10)
Sort By :
Tasted just like a sloppy joe! Very flavorful. I made this with a turkey imprint instead of the pumpkin and did not add in the orange food color.
deb_daken: Chili sauce is called "Chili Sauce" in a bottle. One brand name is Heinz. You can find in in the condiment aisle.
wish i woulve had food coloring! :( but it was yummy!
Such fun to make and what a fantastic tasty pie! I imagine you could make a "taco pie" with great results as well.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Halloween Dinner Recipes >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >