Jack-o'-Lantern Sandwiches Recipe
Be prepared for happy faces when you make these eye-catching jack-o'-lanterns from CT's cooks. They loaded the sandwiches with flavorful fillings, then easily formed fun pumpkin shapes using cookie cutters.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 16 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1 pound shaved deli chicken or turkey
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise and salad dressing mix; spread over one side of each slice of bread. Top half of the slices with cheese, chicken and lettuce. Top with remaining bread.
- 2. Cut sandwiches with a 4-in. pumpkin-shaped cutter. Remove top slice; using a small triangular cutter and a knife, decorate as desired. Replace slice. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Jack-o'-Lantern Sandwiches
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2008
"I modified this sandwich for my nephew, Dustin who is 8yrs old, and he just loved the pumpkin shaped bread.DH-Music.comCountry Music At It's Best!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC