Jack-o'-Lantern Sandwiches Recipe
Be prepared for happy faces when you make these eye-catching jack-o'-lanterns from CT's cooks. They loaded the sandwiches with flavorful fillings, then easily formed fun pumpkin shapes using cookie cutters.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 16 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1 pound shaved deli chicken or turkey
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise and salad dressing mix; spread over one side of each slice of bread. Top half of the slices with cheese, chicken and lettuce. Top with remaining bread.
- Cut sandwiches with a 4-in. pumpkin-shaped cutter. Remove top slice; cut out eyes and nose with a small triangle cutter. Use cutout pieces for mouth. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Jack-o'-Lantern Sandwiches in Country Woman September/October 2001, p9
Reviews for Jack-o'-Lantern Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2008
I modified this sandwich for my nephew, Dustin who is 8yrs old, and he just loved the pumpkin shaped bread.
Country Music At It's Best!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Halloween Dinner Recipes >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >