Be prepared for happy faces when you make these eye-catching jack-o'-lanterns from CT's cooks. They loaded the sandwiches with flavorful fillings, then easily formed fun pumpkin shapes using cookie cutters.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 16 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1 pound shaved deli chicken or turkey
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise and salad dressing mix; spread over one side of each slice of bread. Top half of the slices with cheese, chicken and lettuce. Top with remaining bread.
- Cut sandwiches with a 4-in. pumpkin-shaped cutter. Remove top slice; cut out eyes and nose with a small triangle cutter. Use cutout pieces for mouth. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Jack-o'-Lantern Sandwiches in Country Woman September/October 2001, p9
Reviews for Jack-o'-Lantern Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2008
"I modified this sandwich for my nephew, Dustin who is 8yrs old, and he just loved the pumpkin shaped bread.DH-Music.comCountry Music At It's Best!"