Jack-o'-Lantern Pops Recipe
As soon as they see these pumpkin pops, your little ghouls’ and goblins’ faces will light right up. —Clara Coulson Minney, Washington Court House, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Red and yellow gel food coloring
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Wooden pop sticks
- Miniature chocolate, green and yellow Tootsie Roll Midgees, as desired
- Miniature green apple AirHeads bars
- Black decorating gel or chocolate frosting, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows, butter and salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from heat; tint orange with red and yellow food coloring. Stir in cereal.
- 2. With buttered hands, shape mixture into six pumpkins. Insert a wooden pop stick into each pumpkin.
- 3. Cut chocolate Tootsie Rolls crosswise in half; press one half into the top of each for stems. Cut AirHeads into thin strips; roll between hands to form vines. Press vines into pumpkins near stem. For leaves, roll out green Tootsie Rolls on waxed paper to 1/8-in. thickness. With kitchen scissors, cut out leaves and attach to vines.
- 4. Add Jack-o'-lantern faces using decorating gel or additional Tootsie Roll cutouts made with yellow and chocolate Tootsie Rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 310 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 385 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC