Pumpkin pie does not have to be difficult to make. This recipe has wonderful maple flavor and is sure to be a hit at your fall get-togethers. —Marty Rummel, Trout Lake, Washington
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat the first 10 ingredients until smooth. Divide
- pastry in half so that one portion is slightly larger than the
- other. Roll out larger portion to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer
- pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate;
- flute edges. Pour filling into crust.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on a
- wire rack.
- Roll remaining pastry to 1/8-in. thickness; cut into desired shapes.