- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat the first 10 ingredients until smooth. Divide pastry in half so that one portion is slightly larger than the other. Roll out larger portion to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Pour filling into crust.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- Roll remaining pastry to 1/8-in. thickness; cut into desired shapes. Place cutouts on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Arrange cutouts over pie. Garnish servings with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Jack-o'-Lantern Pie in Ultimate Halloween 2012 2012, p110
Reviews for Jack-o'-Lantern Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2013
"LOVE Pumpkin Pie for any season! This is something my daughter could do. The cutouts are sooo cute!"