"Perfect for Halloween, this snack mix pairs candy corn with crisp cereal tossed with a savory seasoning that has a hint of peanut butter," says field editor DeEtta Rasmussen, Fort Madison, Iowa. "The bowl empties in no time."
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup candy corn
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal and peanuts. In a small saucepan
- over medium heat, combine the butter, peanut butter, Worcestershire
- sauce, salt and garlic powder; cook and stir until butter and peanut
- butter are melted. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool; stir in candy
- corn. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 322 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.