- heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
- after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and
- Drop 12 rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking
- sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and
- set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar
- and pie spice until smooth. Pipe into cream puffs. Top each with 1
- tablespoon whipped topping; replace tops.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar,
- butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Tint
- 1 tablespoon frosting green and 2 teaspoons orange; set aside. Stir
- cocoa into the remaining frosting. Pipe jack-o'-lantern faces with
- orange and chocolate frosting. Pipe stems with green frosting.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 filled cream puff equals 152 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.