- 2 packages spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 ice cream cake cone (about 3 inches tall)
- 4 cans (15.60 ounces each) Pillsbury Happy Birthday Funfetti Orange All Star Vanilla frosting
- 2 Oreo cookies
- 1 package (24 ounces) ready-to-use rolled black fondant
- Prepare and bake cakes according to package directions using two 10-in. fluted tube pans. Cool.
- Cut thin slice off bottom of each cake. Spread one cake bottom with frosting; press flat sides together to make a pumpkin shape. Place a foil ball in the center to support the "stem"; top with an ice cream cake cone. Frost cake with remaining frosting.
- To decorate face: Roll out fondant to 1/8-in. thickness; cut into desired shapes for mouth and nose. Remove tops from two Oreo cookies; cut half-circles in filling for eyes. Press cookies and fondant into frosting to make the face. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Jack-o'-Lantern Cake in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p111
Reviews for Jack-o'-Lantern Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2016
"I love it."
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2015
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2015
"We love it"